Even when you keep your appliances well-maintained throughout the year, they remain susceptible to some wear and tear. It is no different when it comes to a furnace, and at some point, we all encounter issues related to our heating systems.
Modern heaters have numerous small and large components that might trouble you and turn into severe damages if you do not call experts for heating repair in San Bernardino.
Common Furnace Problems And Their Solutions
From blasting cool air to an aging heating system, there can be numerous ways your furnace may exhibit signs of malfunction. Mentioned hereunder are some of the most frequently occurring heating problems that you might encounter.
- Broken Thermostat: A broken thermostat is one of the most prevalent problems people encounter with their heating systems. One assured indication that your furnace thermostat is not accurately working is when your fan operates continuously despite turning the machine off.
This extended operation will run out the thermostat batteries unnecessarily while reducing the performance of the machine. To prevent this issue, inspect the setting of the furnace fan in the thermostat and turn it to the ‘AUTO’ mode if it remains on the ‘ON’ mode.
- Dirty Furnace Air Filters: The air filters of your heating system are accountable for keeping dirt and trash from the air to distribute fresh air ahead. Therefore, a lot of debris and dust tends to collect in the air filters over time. Many people usually overlook cleaning them, leading to dusty and obstructed filters.
It is one of the most common heater issues and places additional pressure on the machine. In addition, these jammed air filters also limit the heating system from pushing out hot air resulting in inadequate heating. Therefore, it is prudent to routinely clean or change your heater air filters to steer clear of such issues.
- Rifts In The Heat Exchanger: The heat exchanger is the element in your heating system that divides the air from heat, guaranteeing that the machine runs safely. If you overheat your place or your furnace air filters remain obstructed, the heat exchanger may develop cracks. As this is a tricky issue, to get the issue resolved, it is better to call experts for heating service in San Bernardino in such cases.
- Malfunctioning Limit Switch: The limit switch will interact with your heating system thermostat to switch on or off based on its settings. Therefore, if this switch gets broken or damaged, the connection gets cut off, and commands do not touch the furnace fan. As a result, you will find your heater fan working continuously or not switching on at all.
- Over-Cycling: Furnace over-cycling can happen due to numerous reasons, like obstructed air filters, ineffective airflow, or too high or too low heater settings. This over-cycling usually raises your power bills, so it is best to resolve this problem as soon as you notice it.
If you are looking for dependable HVAC experts in San Bernardino, let Daniels Heating & Air Conditioning fix your issues at the most affordable rates. To know more about our services, feel free to call us at (888) 523-2643.