An air conditioner needs proper maintenance, just like every other appliance in your house. You might want to use your air conditioner for several years, as it does not come cheap.
For this purpose, you should take proper care of your AC so that you never have to face any technical problems with it. You can also take the assistance of a trustworthy company for your AC repair in San Bernardino, CA.
Tips For Maintenance and Care of ACs
Here are some maintenance tips you should add to your lifestyle for a long-lasting AC:
- Cleaning the Air conditioner’s filter: Air filters are very important; cleaning them is an easy way to maintain your AC by yourself. Dirty air filters take more time to produce cool air, affecting the AC and increasing the consumption of electricity units.
- Fixing AC leaks: If there is any leakage in your air conditioner, you can also cure it. Fixing AC leaks helps you improve the AC’s health and reduce the electric units. It can be fixed with the help of foil tape or duct mastic- which is used in cases of big leaks.
- Make use of the Timer: The feature of the timer on your air conditioner allows you to set the hours you need to activate the AC. With the help of this feature, your AC will be less burdened and work more efficiently.
- Regular service of your compressor: The compressor helps relieve the heat from the room, which is why it is located outside the house. Its location is the reason for its regular maintenance. It should always be exposed to air, and no barrier should come between the compressor.
- Keeping the Drain line clean: The drain line works for passing out moisture. This can also lead to the growth of algae. The best way to prevent it is by washing the drain line with bleached water or using a vacuum cleaner to suck out any hindrances in the pipe.
- Keeping the AC unit cool: Try adding a shed on top of the compressor to avoid the sun’s rays on it. You must also use the ceiling fan with the AC to make it cooler.
- Get Airflow: AC needs some airflow to maintain proper balance. You must provide some airflow to the AC for better working.
- Take Help of a Verified Technician: Small technicians should not deal with fancy machines like AC. Only a verified technician should be called in case of any problem and for regular checkups.
- Wiring and Inner Components: Always check the wires and the inner components of the AC and survey them at least once a year. They get rusty and damaged, and sometimes the wires give a burnt look due to overheating. You must keep a check that everything is properly fitted and not overheated.
Maintenance of your air conditioner plays a crucial role in maintaining your health and saving wealth. Besides the good technical services, you can help maintain the lifespan of your air conditioner. By following the tips mentioned above, you can ensure proper airflow and drainage.