Summer is the time to enjoy the beach with family and friends, host backyard cookouts, or rest in the comfort of your home with the AC switched on. However, this is only possible if the system has been properly maintained. Periodic maintenance can result in the need for an AC repair in San Bernardino. Instead of putting it off, it is better to schedule a maintenance service regularly. This way, you can enjoy the continuous use of your system without worrying about it breaking down suddenly.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
Before looking for air conditioning maintenance near me, it is best to be aware of what is included –
- Checking and removal of any dirt and debris around the outdoor unit.
- Cleaning the condenser coils to prevent overheating,
- Replacing or cleaning of air filters, depending on which is being used.
- Changing or tightening of any loose wire connections.
- Ensuring that the thermostat works properly and is in the correct setting.
- Lubricating all moving parts and bearings to prevent the system from jamming.
- Recharging of the refrigerant.
- Checking and clearing the condensate drain pipe if necessary.
- Checking the gas pressure level.
- Checking the system’s controls.
Why is An AC Maintenance Important?
Apart from ensuring that your system is in peak condition, here are a few other reasons why AC maintenance is important –
- Ensures Your Are Prepared For Summer
There is nothing worse than entering the summer months only to notice that your system isn’t working properly. Regular maintenance helps get your system ready for the summer months by ensuring that all the parts are in working conditions. This way, you can avoid having your system breaking down and having to wait before being able to schedule an AC repair in San Bernardino.
- Extends Your Unit’s Lifespan
An air conditioner that has received regular maintenance is more likely to last longer. With the help of regular maintenance, a technician will inspect and solve any problems your system might be having before it becomes worse. This also helps you hold on to your current unit for a longer time.
- Warranty Demands So
One of the many clauses added towards the warranty of an air conditioner is to ensure it receives regular maintenance. This way, the company is sure that any issues that the system may be having are due to natural wear and tear. Failure to follow through with this can result in the warranty becoming void. Rather than have this happen, it is better to schedule a maintenance service regularly.
- Reduces Expenses
A lot of people are unaware that AC maintenance costs are lesser than that of a repair. You won’t just be saving on costs, but a properly maintained system would also require lesser amounts of repairs. And it will also help you reduce your energy bill as your system will consume a lesser amount of energy to function.